Trouble getting Started - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Vincent Hikida
Subject Trouble getting Started
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
I just installed PostgreSQL and I am getting a problem when server shuts down with a signal 11.

I installed cygwin using setup 2.340.2.5. In addition to the defaults I installed cygrunsrv .95-1 and PostgreSQL 7.3.2-1.  I then installed cygipc-1.13.

I did the following

ipc-daemon&
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
/usr/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

I tried to do the following that I found in a couple of different docs on the net.
createdb test
psql template1

They both caused "terminated by signal 11 - segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have a Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 using 248 MB of RAM

Does anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Vincent