Retrieve auto-generated key. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Sangeeta
Subject Retrieve auto-generated key.
Date
Re: Retrieve auto-generated key.  (Alexander Panzhin <jalexoids@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

Hi

Ability to retrieve auto-generated key is one of the key features of JDBC3.
I tried using prepareStatement(String sql, int autoGeneratedKeys) , prepareStatement(String sql, int[] columnIndexes) and prepareStatement(String sql, String[] columnNames) but with no success . It returned with exception message as "Returning autogenerated keys is not supported."

I know there is already one thread for retrieve auto-generated key but look like that thread does not have one distinct   solution.

Is there any patch or workaround to retrieve auto-generated key ?

Thanks

Sangeeta