How to find configuration data in _PG_init() - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject How to find configuration data in _PG_init()
Date
List pgsql-general

My language handler requires some configuration information to start up, which I would like to get from the file system (but it could be set up by an SQL query SET). Currently I’m using hard-coded paths, which doesn’t seem like a good solution. Is there perhaps a way to get the path that was used to load the DLL? I couldn’t find one in the existing language implementations.

Having got started it then needs to query the database. Is that OK in _PG_init()?

Any hints much appreciated.

Regards

David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org