Re: [GENERAL] How can we do STORED PRECEDURE in PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From john huttley
Subject Re: [GENERAL] How can we do STORED PRECEDURE in PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-general
Ed, There is big difference between PG's functions and Stored Procedures,
as they are commonly used.

PG's functions return a single value, Stored Procedures return a record set.

This will require some substantial changes to things like pg_tables, to
support what are effectively
'virtual tables'.  And the trick is to be able to pass parameters to them
and to use them as if they were 'real'.

Enough people have asked about this that it may appear in a later version,
almost certainly not in V7 (afaik)

Regards