Re: replication_timeout not effective - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: replication_timeout not effective
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:35 AM Dang Minh Huong wrote:
> Hi,

> I'm wondering  if this is a bug of PostgreSQL.

> PostgreSQL's show that replication_timeout parameter can "Terminate =
replication connections that are inactive longer than the specified =
number of milliseconds". But in my environment the sender process > is =
hang up (in several tens of minunites) if i turn off  (by power off) =
Standby PC while pg_basebackup is excuting.

> Is this correct?

> As my debug, sender process is terminated when recieve SIGPIPE process =
but it come too slow (about 30minutes after standby PC was down).=20

For such scenario's, new parameter wal_sender_timeout has been =
introduced in 9.3. Refer below:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-replication.ht=
ml#RUNTIME-CONFIG-REPLICATION-SENDER

I am not sure how to get rid of this problem in 9.1.9

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.