SELECT... BETWEEN 'P' and 'Z' - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tim Perdue, The Des Moines City.net
Subject SELECT... BETWEEN 'P' and 'Z'
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello all,

I am trying to query a zip code database and pull all cities in a state in a
range.

According to the SQL tutorial that the pgsql site recommended, using
"between" in your select should be "inclusive". However, my selects are
including the first letter "p" through "y", and excluding "z".

My SQL:

select distinct on fld_city fld_city, fld_zip from tbl_zip_city where
fld_state = 'IA' and fld_country='us' and (fld_city BETWEEN 'P' AND 'Z')
ORDER BY fld_city ASC;

Any suggestions on how I could get the cities that start with "Z" to be
included here (P is included strangely enough)?

Thanks,

Tim Perdue