Re: Fix for VACUUM in psql autocommit off - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Fix for VACUUM in psql autocommit off
Date
List pgsql-patches
Michael Paesold wrote
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Per SQL spec, the backend thinks that /* .. */ nests:
> >
> > regression=# /* some /* comment */ comment */ select 1;
> >  ?column?
> > ----------
> >         1
> > (1 row)
> >
> > As it stands, is_transact_command will get confused by this.

It is now fixed in the attached patch.

> > I'd split out the code that locates "the next keyword" into a separate
> > function that could be called twice.
>
> I have read this mail after making the attached patch, so I have used a
> little different approach. I have moved the code to skip over whitespace
and
> comments into it's own function.

Well, reading this again after some sleep, we probably meant the same.

Concerning my other patch that also touches psql/common.c (Rollback of only
last statement), have you looked into it?

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold

Attachment