Fw: stored procedures for complex SELECTs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From
Subject Fw: stored procedures for complex SELECTs
Date
List pgsql-sql
For better performance, try to utilize prepared statements;
example:
PREPARE CPrep_Clients (varchar(20)) AS    SELECT * FROM client WHERE nom = $1;

EXECUTE CPrep_Clients('Francio');
In my system, over 51ms difference between standard select (prepared
by-passplanification/optimization)
Regards