Re: getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Patrik Lundgren
Subject Re: getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys
Date
Re: getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys
List pgsql-jdbc
Well, that is one ting we can rule out. I've made sure that the table name is correct. I've tested lower case, upper case and everything in between. Does anyone have any experience with using this function with 7.2? Again my problem is that getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys returns an empty ResultSet.

Regards,
Patrik Lundgren
-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org] För Carl Olivier
Skickat: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:13 PM
Till: Patrik Lundgren; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Ämne: Re: [JDBC] getExportedKeys/getImportedKeys

Hi.
PostGreSql is CASE SESITIVE - for creating foreign keys etc.  This seems to hold true for meta data retrieval etc (I admit to having somne trouble with this).

So, if you are passing the table pattern through - ensure that it is LOWER CASE ( *I think* ).

One other thing that I found funny with the JDBC implementation is this.

Data Type TEXT - when you get the meta data back for a column of type TEXT, the data type int (as specified in java.sql.Types.LONGVARCHAR) - wich is what TEXT is - return 12 - this si incorrect according to java.sql.Types - it should be returning -1, as 12 is the VARCHAR java.sql.Types datatype id.

I am using version 7.3, not 7.2 so not sure if this was a bug back and has been fixed...

Best regards,

Carl