Informix to PostgreSQL (JDBC) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Nicolas Bazin
Subject Informix to PostgreSQL (JDBC)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Just to let you know that you can use the transfer tool of the hsqldb JAVA database to transfer database from Informix to Postgres. I have used it  to transfer my application from IDS 7.3 to Postgres 7.2.1. Because it relies on JDBC, it can be used/expended to support other databases.

It supports:
- tables structure creation,
- default field value,
- index creation (unique or not),
- data transfer,
- foreign keys creation,
- it supports schema (to read the source)
- autoincrement fields

As it's  based on JDBC, it cannot extract VIEWs or store procedures. User privilege are not created even though it is available from the JDBC.
A further extension would then be:
support of GRANT and also the possibility to transfer to a specific schema.

The transfer tool is independent of the database. It's in the src/org/hsqldb/util directory you also need the src/org/hsqldb/lib directory.