Re: TODO item:Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() accept localized month names - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gevik Babakhani
Subject Re: TODO item:Allow to_date() and to_timestamp() accept localized month names
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(I really should stop reading the code after 12:00AM)

So if I understand correctly, the proper solution would be to handle the
localized (TM) format
within to_date (seq_search). This means that prior calling to_date a SET
LC_MESSAGES must be given.
but if we are following Oracle,
(http://www.techonthenet.com/oracle/functions/to_date.php) a third parameter
to enforce the nls_language is required. Please advice.

Regards,
Gevik.