2 servers with 1 database cluster - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Cubitt
Subject 2 servers with 1 database cluster
Date
Re: 2 servers with 1 database cluster  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

we are currently running 2 web/database servers with apache and postgess (and php etc),
these have differnet sites on them at the moment but we are gonna have them load blanced and have both sites on each server.

we will be using storage space with the hosting company to hold the pages and the database cluster.

we are planning to have a copy of postgress running on both servers accessing the cluster on the storage space at the same time,
is this possiable and if so is there any possiable problems.

and how would the database cluster handle 2 accesses to the same record at once?

thanks in advance for any nad all help

regards

Mark Cubitt