RES: Replication between 64/32bit systems? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Subject RES: Replication between 64/32bit systems?
Date
List pgsql-general
From the manual, "In any case the hardware architecture must be the same —
shipping from, say, a 32-bit to a 64-bit system will not work."...

I don't even believe you can copy a 64bit database into 32bit machine...
what makes warm standby impossible...

I've tried this in the past, and give up - without even contacting the list.
I was sure I was doing wrong. What I did was moving all my database servers
(I've 7: 2 production, 2 slaves, 2 development, 1 test release) into 64 bit
platform.

Other well known and equally respected databases poses same limitation (not
able to replicate from 32 to 64 or vice versa, or to other operating systems
due the "big endian"-"little endian" issue).

My2c,

Edson.