Replication between 64/32bit systems? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Erven
Subject Replication between 64/32bit systems?
Date
Re: Replication between 64/32bit systems?  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
RES: Replication between 64/32bit systems?  ("Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter" <richter@simkorp.com.br>)
Re: Replication between 64/32bit systems?  (Chris Ernst <cernst@zvelo.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi folks,

I'm planning to set up streaming replication from one master to one
slave. I've read at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/warm-standby.html that the
"hardware architecture" of both systems must be the same.

Sure enough, what I'd really like to do is replicate from a Windows (or
Linux) 64bit master to a Linux 32bit slave -- that's what I currently
have easily available.

I tried just following the instructions and copied the data directory to
the slaves, but postgres does not start:
 FATAL:  falsche Prüfsumme in Kontrolldatei
(FATAL: wrong checksum in control file)

So I'd like to ask if there is anything I could do by e.g. changing
compile-time options at the slave to get things going?

Thank you for any advice!,
best regards

    -hannes