Request for Benchmarks... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Request for Benchmarks...
Date
List pgsql-general
  I mentioned this in another message, but I'll reiterate it for
everyone's sake.  In a day or two, I'll have the chance to pit two
machines against each other to test their capacity at serving out queries
with Postgres - a dual Athlon MP 1800+ and a quad 700 MHz Xeon, both
running Linux.  The benchmark I'm planning on running involves a sample of
queries taken from our day-to-day production, so that would most likely
reflect what *I* can expect out of the machine.

  However, if anyone is interested, and has any other PG benchmarks on
them to get some numbers, feel free to let me know.  I'll only have about
a day to run all of the benchmarks, so they have to be reasonably-sized.
Once I'm done, I'll make a full report.

steve