Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review] - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Do you mean to say that because some variables can only be set after restart
can lead to
inconsistency, or is it because of asynchronous nature of pg_reload_conf()?

> I can see you're right about surprising users but is there not another
> way to solve the same problem without making that impossible?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.