Re: PostgreSQL clustering (shared disk) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sander Steffann
Subject Re: PostgreSQL clustering (shared disk)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

> On the other side of the coin, I have little confidence in DRBD
> providing the storage semantics we need (in particular guaranteeing
> write ordering).  So that path doesn't sound exactly risk-free either.

DRBD seems to enforce strict write ordering on both sides of the link
according to the docs. I didn't look at the code, but my plug-pulling tests
on a busy PostgreSQL server didn't cause any problems. No conclusive
evidence, but useful at lease in my use-case. (And yes: I make ps_dumps
often just in case)

- Sander