Re: BUG #1072: "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Borg Salling
Subject Re: BUG #1072: "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or directory
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

I am running a Red Hat 9.0 on a Dell server.

On the datafiles I created using the "absolute path"-hack to replace
$libdir, I started postmaster. I configured postgresql.conf to accept tcp
connections. I then ran

[postgres@hubertus postgres]$ /opt/postgres-7.4.1/bin/createdb testdb

CREATE DATABASE

Which work ok. Finally, I started psql (as user postgres), and tried your
suggested statement:

[postgres@hubertus postgres]$ /opt/postgres-7.4.1/bin/psql -d testdb

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

testdb=3D# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION dummy (INTEGER, INTEGER, CSTRING,
CSTRING,INTEGER)
testdb-# RETURNS VOID AS '$libdir/ascii_and_mic', 'ascii_to_mic' LANGUAGE
'c' STRICT;
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or
directory
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/ascii_and_mic": No such file or
directory
testdb=3D#

And you are right -- the problem is back.=20

I assume that $libdir is evaluating to either a wrong or an empty string. I
am not sure, but I tend to believe the latter.

Does this give you any clues ?

Regards,
Thomas.