ERROR: simple_heap_delete: tuple already updated by self - Mailing list pgsql-general

From utsav
Subject ERROR: simple_heap_delete: tuple already updated by self
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear All ,

I am using postgres  7.3. on RHEL 4.0

I have table on which there are duplicate rows even though there is a primary key constraint.I dont know how the rows got duplicate , because in my s/w there is no such possibility.

Wel till now i used to delete the row duplicate row with the help of OIDS. But on a prticular server while deleting the duplicate row i got error "ERROR:  simple_heap_delete: tuple already updated by self "

If I dump the table using pg_dump and restore it in a temorary table without primary key constarint, then i am able to delete the duplicate row.

Kindly help in identifying and solving this problem , and why the rows are getting duplicate automatically

Regards,
Utsav

Disclaimer :- This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the origin al intended recipient and have erroneously received this message, you are prohibited from using, copying, altering or disclosing the content of this message. Please delete it immediately and notify the sender. Newgen Software Technologies Ltd (NSTL) accepts no responsibilities for los s or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damages from virus and further acknowledges that no bin ding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of NSTL.