ODBC from MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Joseph Doench
Subject ODBC from MS Access
Date
List pgsql-odbc

I’m fairly new to PG.  I’m working on implementing Project-Open, “PO”,  for a non-profit organization; I am a volunteer.

I need to migrate legacy data from MS Access to the PO database (PG) – I’m hoping that I can use Access as the front-end for the migration procedures.

FYI, I am running Access 2007.

I’ve read some of the PG documentation…

checked and confirmed that:

posgreSQL.conf contains listen_addresses='*'.

Added a line to pg_hba.conf containing:

host      all      all       myIPaddress        trust

using postgres  or projop  for the database name.

using postgres as the username;  no password

Getting an error message: 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Looking for clues in pgAdmin III    -- would be glad to get a little help from you

Regards,

JPD