Re: Server Instrumentation - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Brett Maton
Subject Re: Server Instrumentation
Date
List pgadmin-support
Have look see what postgres packages are available....

$ yum list | grep postgres

My only other suggestion would be to install the postgresql yum repo
package....

Brett

-----Original Message-----
From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of carlosinfl .
Sent: 18 June 2013 16:15
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Server Instrumentation

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 1:13 AM, Brett Maton <matonb@ltresources.co.uk>
wrote:
> Hi Carlos,
>
>   I'm guessing you want the "adminpack" for use with pgadmin.
>   It's usually bundled in the postgresql92-contrib RPM with EL distros.
>
> As root install the package
> # yum install postgresql92-contrib

I am using Amazon EC2 AMI image in the EC2 cloud which I assume is some
version of RHEL with a 3.4 kernel and more bleeding edge packages however
their repo doesn't appear to have it:

[carlos@db1 ~]$ sudo yum search postgresql92-contrib [sudo] password for
carlos:
Loaded plugins: priorities, security, update-motd, upgrade-helper amzn-main
| 2.1 kB     00:00

amzn-updates                                              | 2.3 kB     00:00
Warning: No matches found for: postgresql92-contrib No Matches found

> As postgres
> $ psql
> postgres=# CREATE EXTENSION adminpack; CREATE EXTENSION
>
> You can list installed extensions with \dx
>
> postgres=# \dx
>                         List of installed extensions
>    Name    | Version |   Schema   |               Description
>  adminpack | 1.0     | pg_catalog | administrative functions for
PostgreSQL
>  plpgsql   | 1.0     | pg_catalog | PL/pgSQL procedural language
>

> Regards,
> Brett

Carlos Mennens