temp table indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Bartley
Subject temp table indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We are using Postgres 7.1.3.

I am trying to get postgres to use an index that is created on a temp table.  The temp table and index is created and loaded from within a plpgsql proc.  The select I am trying to force a keyed select on, is also in the same proc.

I have tired SET ENABLE_SEQSCAN TO Off  But it still does table scans.

If I create the same temp table from an odbc driven windows sql app like WinSQL lite, I can force an index read if I vacuum the temp table once loaded.  I have tired vacuuming the table from within the plpgsql proc, but that seems to cause postgres to shut down.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks

Andrew