Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?
Date
In response to Re: Does a call to a language handler provide a context/session, and somewhere to keep session data?  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I was aware of GD and SD. My question is about what facilities Postgres provides for implementing such a thing. Where is the proper place for the root of the SD/GD? What does an implementation use to determine that two calls belong to the same session?

I’m not finding that easy to understand by reading source code.

Regards

David M Bennett FACS

MD Powerflex Corporation, creators of PFXplus

To contact us, please call +61-3-9548-9114 or go to www.pfxcorp.com/contact.htm