Re: character conversion problem about UTF-8-->SHIFT_JIS_2004 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hiroshi Saito
Subject Re: character conversion problem about UTF-8-->SHIFT_JIS_2004
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "bh yuan" <bhyuan@gmail.com>

> Thanks for your replay.
>
> The  "0xe9ab99" is not SJIS nor SHIFT_JIS_2004.

Ahh Ok, you already understood.  :-)

> But I shoud export data with not regular SJIS character
> from old database(7.4.3) to new database(8.3),
> and use the old programe which export data as SJIS encoding .csv file.
> Can I modify conf file to ignore the error?
> or check inigore character from the database and convert it to regular
> SJIS encoding character with some tools ?

Although it is unknown in whether the inside of .csv file which you acquired
is SJIS...However, as one method,
If you were operating by SERVER_ENCODING of UTF-8, it will be able to
bring without conversion. Then, an environment variable will be helpful.

--
set PGCLIENTENCODING=UTF-8
pg_dump

Regards,