Problem with FOR LOOP query - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Greg Quinn
Subject Problem with FOR LOOP query
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am using EMS's PostGreSQL manager to create a new function using language
SQL and pgSQL

In my function I am trying to declare a variable of type RECORD.

DECLARE curRecord RECORD;

But it gives an error. It also doesn't like my FOR LOOP

FOR curRecord IN SELECT messageid from email_inbox where folderid = $1 LOOP
    EXECUTE sp_deleteemailinboxmessagetodeleteditems(curRecord.messageid);
LOOP;

What I don't understand is the documentation says this is how one declares
your variable and the FOR loop but it doesn't work.