Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthew Nuzum
Subject Re: Postgres performance comments from a MySQL user
Date
List pgsql-general
Another benefit to this technique is that I get to choose the setup that I
want more easily.

For example, if I have a system capable of running "huge.conf" but postgres
isn't the main app on this server I can choose the "medium.conf" or
"small.conf" and get the results I want.

Additionally, a binary distribution will ship with all of the default
configs, while using a makefile or similar that guesses my config will be
useless when installing from RPM.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org