RES: Does postgresql 9.0.4 use index on PREFIX%SUFFIX queries? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Subject RES: Does postgresql 9.0.4 use index on PREFIX%SUFFIX queries?
Date
List pgsql-general

Upgrade to 9.1 into production servers is not na option.

It will take about a year before I can migrate all databases and establish
replication and everything else (probably, Christams Holidays in December or
Carnival in February next).

Some users demand 24x7 from this databases, I can't just say "stop for
one-two hour".

Thanks for the tip, I'll give a try for both funtions and let you know the
results. Would save time for future...

Regards,

Edson.