Re: Drop Foreign Key - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Wood
Subject Re: Drop Foreign Key
Date
List pgsql-general
> > I'd like to drop a foreign key constraint on a table. I know there are a
> > number of triggers created by a FK, but how many, how do I find them to
> > delete them, and what other gotchas might I find when removing the
> > constaint(s)?
> >
> > It looks like there is an INSERT/UPDATE trigger on the main table, and
two
> > more on the table it's keyed into (one UPDATE, one DELETE)? If this is
true,
> > can I just delete those three triggers and be done with it?
>
> You should probably use DROP TRIGGER on them, and you'll need to double
> quote the trigger name.

I'll be happy to do so (although right now I'm wishing I provided explicit
names... "RI_ConstraintTrigger_160453997" is a mouthfull). But am I right
that I need to drop those three and only those three? Are there any other
things I need to worry about?

Greg