VERY URGENT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From psrao
Subject VERY URGENT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Respected Sir

This is srinvas.

I have been working with Postgresql and have created tables,constraints and so on.

Now i am writing stored functions using refcursor and the stored function have created successfully. But i have problem to validate the parameters passed in the call function..

The query in function returns all the rows with the following statement.

open refcursor for 'select statement';    // without parameters validation

Now i want to validate the parameters and add those validations to the above select query to restrict the output when the parameter is not null.

Example:

if parameter1 is not null then
sqlstring := sqlstring || ' where num=1';
else
sqlstring:= ' ';
end if

open refcursor for ' select statement ' || sqlstring;   // Query should be .... select * from table_name where num=1;

When i used the above statements and execute the function it's not returning the data even the parameter validation is true(num=1 is existing).

Please help on above issues and also let me know how to diplay string values (sqlstring).

Example :-(in oracle)

dbms_output.put_line(sqlstring);

I would be very greatful if you could accelerate your reply.

Thank you

Best Regards

Srinivas