SV: PG and login - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jarmo Paavilainen
Subject SV: PG and login
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks,

I had allready played around with those files with elog(DEBUG,...), but
elog(...) did never do any output. But when you confirmed that those were
the files, Ive used fprintf(stderr,...) instead and it worked.

Why does not elog(DEBUG,...) work everywhere?

Well who cares, _NOW_ when I know that its not a problem anymore.

> > Ive located where the pg_shadow compare happens, but If I give a wrong
> > username it will not even get that far. "pg_pwd" is never created so I
> The compare always happens against pg_pwd, which gets created everytime
> you create or alter a user with password.

Thats odd, for some reason the pg_pwd file did not get created when I tested
my hack. Maybe I broke something :-( I've backuped my changes, and redid
those parts that I _know_ to do what I wanted.

// Jarmo