Connection to PostgreSQL from Excel - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Paul Suworow
Subject Connection to PostgreSQL from Excel
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi team,

Thank you for your great work! I am developing an Excel tool that should allow users to update tables and charts from a
PostgreSQLdatabase. My workbook currently connects to the database using the following VBA code:

Set objConnection = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
ConnString = "DRIVER={PostgreSQL Unicode};DATABASE=FMS;SERVER=[x];PORT=5432;Uid=[x];Pwd=[x]"
 objConnection.Open ConnString

All works fine but the code requires PostgreSQL driver to be installed on user's machine.
Is there an alternative way to connect to a PostgreSQL database without pre-creating DNS or installing any drivers in
advance?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,
Paul