Re: database backup trouble - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Weaver
Subject Re: database backup trouble
Date
List pgsql-general
From: "Tomi N/A"

>> And the .bat file script?
>
> The .bat script is of no importance:

So be it...

>it's a windows-related problem

Is the Task Scheduler service running? (Start > Settings >  Control Panel >
Administrative Tools > Services - Task Scheduler?).

If the Task Scheduler service is running , what does the Task Scheduler log
indicate about the tasks you tried to run (menu item: Advanced > View Log)?

> (or, to be more precise, the problem of my ignorance when it comes to
> windows scripting). The most trivial .bat scripts containing only a
> simple echo statement or nothing at all aren't executed by the
> scheduler.

Did any of your test .bat files contain a PAUSE command to keep the console
window open in case the bat file did run as scheduled?

>this is the beanshell script:

Unfortunately I am not familar with beanshell and cannot offer assistance
here.

George