Geometry filed type - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chatchawan Boonraksa
Subject Geometry filed type
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi all,

I'm new user of PostgreSQL. Currently I have PostgreSQL 6.4.2 installed.

I have some question on the limit of geomerty field type, e.g. polygon, lseg, ...

I have create a table with 'polygon field' and tried to insert data into each record
and got an error on exceed 8191 bytes limitation. I'm using both 'psql' and 'php'
and get the same error. My data will be sequence of coordinate in UTM which
some larger than 8k on average.

Is there be a way to insert a field which larger than 8k size into postgres?
If so, is there also a way to get it out in a not-too-hard way?

TIA,
chat