Re: good pc but bad performance,why? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steven Butler
Subject Re: good pc but bad performance,why?
Date
List pgsql-performance
It sounds almost like you're doing one insert per transaction.  Try wrapping
multiple inserts into a single transaction and see if that helps.  This may
not be appropriate for your application, but it does guarantee that
committed transactions will not be lost.

My apologies if you are already doing this. :)

BEGIN;
insert ...
insert ...
insert ...