View don't know table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Reinhard Hnat
List pgsql-novice
I am doing some tests with PostgreSQL before starting a project. During
these tests I created a table and a view which referenced the table. Then i
deleted and recreated the table. when I tried to browse the view there was
an error saying that the table xy with oid=.... is not known. But some time
later I could browse the view and everything was fine again. I am not shure
that this is because I tried to vacuum the database some times inbetween.
What happend? I think this behaviour is of great importance when dealing
with a great project using many tables and views. I must be shure that after
an alteration of one or more tables everything works as usual.

best regards
Reinhard Hnat

hnat@logotronic.co.at