Re: WIP: CoC V5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Regina Obe
Subject Re: WIP: CoC V5
Date
Re: WIP: CoC V5  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
Re: WIP: CoC V5  (Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com>)
List pgsql-general

Another anecdotal thing.  Personal attacks sometimes soften the blow. Take that as you will.

For example if Tom makes some snide remark like "Do all Bostonians program this way?"

It would lessen the blow of the criticism of the code as I would think he's making fun of Bostonians coding style more than he is about my abilities, and I as a Bostonian just don't know any better.

He can also make fun of my tabbing style and say  "What's wrong with your editor? Perhaps you need to use a different one or change the settings"

Although maybe those don't constitute personal attacks.  I don't know.

Thanks,

Regina