Re: Lifespan of temporary table - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Mihai Gheorghiu
Subject Re: Lifespan of temporary table
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Thank you very much.
So, if I want to save disk space on the PG server, I should execute a DROP
TABLE before closing the servlet connection to the poolmanager.
What method of PreparedStatement should I use: execute() or executeUpdate()?

>Mihai,
>
>Your assumption is correct, the temp table will not be removed until the
>connection is really closed.
>
>Dave
>On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 13:54, Mihai Gheorghiu wrote:
>> It is my understanding from the PG documentation that a temporary table
>> lasts until the end of the session.
>> When using jdbc, which one of
>> Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(...)
>> or
>> PreparedStatement sql = con.prepareStatement(...)
>> actually opens a connection to the PG server?
>> What if I'm using poolmanager? When will the table be removed? (Because
if
>> session==connection, con.close() in my servlet just returns the
connection
>> to the pool, but the PG server sees the session still open.)
>> Thank you all.
TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster