Re: Shared Database across multiple servers using OCFS2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Shared Database across multiple servers using OCFS2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jan 25, 2006, at 18:43 , Kleynhans, Hendrik wrote:

> If I am looking to access large amounts of data, such as in a data
> center, would it be better to run a/several database servers and
> accessing them across the network?

If you want *access* (i.e., select only, not modifying data), you
might want to look at Slony for database replication. You can have
your applications access the slaves. All modification would be done
on the master.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/projdisplay.php

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com