Re: PostgreSQL + PHP can't connect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Sears
Subject Re: PostgreSQL + PHP can't connect
Date
List pgsql-general
You might want to check to see if php was corectly compiled to use php

also your pg_connect() does not seem right.
You aren't giving a username to access the database testjordi. As well if you compiled Postgres, and didn't specify your port in the ./config then you don't need to specify the port # in your pg_connect()
Try this out and see if this works for ya.

$db = pg_connect( "host=localhost user=postgres dbname=testjordi" );

Mike Sears
Web Developer
www.vianet.ca
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 12:03 PM
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL + PHP can't connect

Hello there all,

I have a huuuuuuuuuuuuge problem!

I have a PosgreSQL database running called testjordi (Jordi's my name ;)) and I'm connecting it to port 113 (I really don't know which port to use but all other give an instant error msg and 113 doesn't so I think that's the right one).
Second of all I've made a php file with the following contents

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>pg_exec</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<?
        $connection = pg_connect("localhost",
                "113", "testjordi");

        pg_close($connection);
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

just to test whether it can connect or not..
when I load it it keeps loading for a helluvalong time.. about maybe 4 mins... and then replies:
-=-
Warning: Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the request. in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/pg_exec.php3 on line 8

Warning: 0 is not a PostgresSQL link index in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/pg_exec.php3 on line 10

-=-

The Line 10 error is ofcourse caused cuz it can't connect in line 8..
does anyone know what the problem is?

php_info() replies with

PostgreSQL
Allow persistent links: Yes
Persistent links: 0/Unlimited
Total links: 0/Unlimited
Compilation definitions: PGSQL_INCLUDE=
PGSQL_LFLAGS=
PGSQL_LIBS=

-=-

does anyone has a clue.. if so PLEASE I'M BEGGING reply.. it's very important...

Thanks very much,
-Jordi