Re: Demo ideas? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: Demo ideas?
Date
Re: PL/Java WAS: Demo ideas?  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Thomas Hallgren wrote:

> I made some further investigation concerning this. I knew that Sun has
> addressed this bug long ago. Now I found two bug reports. Both bugs are
> marked as fixed/closed
> which make me curious. What Java version are you using when you encounter
> this problem?
>
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4953050
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5077725

Bug 4953050 is marked to be fixed in "mustang(b65)", which is the next java
release (1.6) not yet available. The bug has been reported against 1.4.2 and
tiger-rc (1.5).

The other bug has this note that seems to imply that this was an issue
specific to Solaris and the fix might only apply to the specific platform.

[...digs again...]

Well, it seems this issue has been fixed in earlier versions, too. In a
j2sdk 1.4.2_06 install I have here, doing "nm -D libzip.so | grep ' T '"
shows that the exported symbols have prefixes now. (e.g.
Java_java_util_zip_CRC32_update).

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold