DELETE COLUMN function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin Long
Subject DELETE COLUMN function
Date
List pgsql-general
Does anyone have any tips as to how I would go about:

1. deleting a column out of a database

2. changing the width of a column in the database

I've looked at the ALTER TABLE function but all it seems to be able to do is
to add a column and rename a column. I had thought that I could use it to
create a new column of the width desired, copy the old column into the new,
and delete the old, then rename the new to the old, but without a delete
function this isn't possible...

Never retreat. Never surrender. Never cut a deal with a dragon.
Justin Long                   CIO / Site Editor
616 Station Square Ct         Network for Strategic Missions
Chesapeake, VA 23320          977 Centerville Trnpk CSB 317
JustinLong@xc.org             Va Beach, VA 23463
Check out our site at:        http://www.strategicnetwork.org