ODBC problems with Visual Basic 6, but in Excel it works - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Steffen Brodowski
Subject ODBC problems with Visual Basic 6, but in Excel it works
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello programmers,

I try to connect to a postgres database with ODBC and Visual Basic 6.0.

The Postgres ODBC driver is 7.03.xx and it runs with Access, Excel and MS-Query without any problems by using a DSN-file.

In VB 6.0 I'm using MS-ADO (ADO 2.7) and the same DSN-file an the following error occurs:

"The provider can not be found! Perhaps it is not installed correctly."

Why it is running with Excel and Access? I think it's because Access and Excel/MS-Query uses DAO and not ADO?!

Can anybody tell me, how to use MS-ADO and Postgres ODBC? Whats wrong?

Greetings

Steffen Brodowski
Germany