Problem with BYTEA data types restoring dumped data from another postgres database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Javier Alperte
Subject Problem with BYTEA data types restoring dumped data from another postgres database
Date
List pgsql-admin
I'm having the next problem with the BYTEA field types, when I try to restore data into a new database from another postgres database (same version, 7.2).

ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xed5c30) pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  Invalid UNICODE character sequence found (0xed5c30) pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

I'm running postgres in a Windows XP Pro system under Cygwin.

The dump command that I was run is (I also need export BLOB fields) (This server is a Linux RedHat 7.3 with Postgres 7.2 system):

     pg_dump -h 172.16.10.2 -Ft -b -D "databasename" > "databasename".dmp

The sequence of actions that I'm doing are: (This another server is a Windows XP Pro with Cygwin+Postgres 7.2 system)

    dropdb "databasename"

    createdb -E UNICODE -T template0 "databasename"

    pg_restore.exe -Ft -v -d "databasename" "databasename".dmp