Statement too long - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Yves Martin
Subject Statement too long
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,
  I have some problem with too long statement. In 'psql', the error returned for my insert statement is
ERROR: Tuple is too big: size 10436
 In fact, I use JDBC driver to insert a long long string into a 'text' field. The exception is

The SQL Statement is too long - INSERT INTO TRIGGERQUEUE       (DUETIME,
TYPE, EVENT, ACTION) VALUES( 974992122555, 'CONTAINER',
.....(long really long).......
 So is it possible to re-build postmaster to avoid this limitation for too long statement or is there another way in
JDBC?

 Another problem is that with jdbc 6.5 and 7.0 the example of using largeobject in postgreSQL development corner site
doesnot work. It returns an exception: setBinaryStream does not support an input as an InputStream. So how to make this
exemplework ?

Regards
--
Yves Martin