posible documentation error. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin A. Marques
Subject posible documentation error.
Date
List pgsql-general
Reading the DOCs of the latest CVS download (about 17:00 +0300) I find this
in the INSTALL file under the / download of pgsql:

After you have installed PostgreSQL 7.1, create a new database directory and
start the new server. Remember that you must execute these commands while
logged in to the special database user account (which you already have if
you are upgrading).

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/bin
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/bin

Shouldn't it be:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data

This is at the final part of the upgrade seccion (lines 117 - 118)

Saludos... :-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar