Re: Can't start postmaster->half done - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Reshat Sabiq
Subject Re: Can't start postmaster->half done
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Since I still can't run it as a service, what is the best way for me to
stop postgres? I've used kill postgres, and Win Task Manager, but that
sure isn't graceful at all.

Thanks,
r.

-----Original Message-----
From: Reshat Sabiq [mailto:sabiq@purdue.edu]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 1:34 AM
To: 'Cornelia Boenigk'; 'pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org'
Subject: RE: [CYGWIN] Can't start postmaster->half done

I still can't run it as service, which I guess makes it more secure and
more production-like, but I did succeed in connecting with pgAdmin
running as myself. To play around, this is good enough.
I just wonder why I get a semget not implemented when trying to initdb
as postgres, and running as a service. Something about permissions, but
I don't see what it is.

P.S. The problem in connecting as myself was conf setting to allow
tcp_ip socket connections. I don't even reach that stage when doing
initdb as postgres.

r.