DBI -> remote host? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject DBI -> remote host?
Date
List pgsql-general
  I apologize upfront for this message.  I'm under the gun, and things
aren't looking good.

  If anyone has experience using DBI to connect to a PostgreSQL database
that is on a different machine, I could use some help.  One of our packages
(purchased by management...) needs to be migrated ASAP.  I looked in the
code to find where it connects, and changed it to:

DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=hyperseek;host=10.0.1.100;port=5432")

  It does connect - but does not retrieve any data.  It doesn't seem to be a
permissions issue, the database is owned by the user that is connecting.
Any ideas?

steve