Re: [INTERFACES] Problem to access postgres database with jdbcusingthe driver on the server side... - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Robson Martins
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Problem to access postgres database with jdbcusingthe driver on the server side...
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
----- Original Message -----
From: Jens Glaser <jens@helena.jens.de>
To: Robson Martins <robson@netalfa.com.br>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 1999 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem to access postgres database with
jdbcusingthe driver on the server side...

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Robson Martins wrote:
> > Everything....nothing works....
>
> You did use Class.forName to load the pgsql-driver (postgresql.Driver) ?
> (or the property jdbc.drivers, but not sure if that's possible with
> applets)
> You supplied the correct URL to getconnection ?
>
> --
> Jens Glaser     Am Holderstrauch 13, 36041 Fulda, 0661/9429507
jens@jens.de

The code below is what i'm using on my applet, i think it works with applet,
cause work swhen the postgresql.jar is my classpath, and I have read
anything about put the driver on the server side, I dunno...
 try {  Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");  co =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://myhost/mydb","username","pass
word");  st = co.createStatement();  rs = st.executeQuery("select * from tablename");  if (rs != null) {   while (
rs.next()) {     doanything   }  }  rs.close(); } catch (Exception e1) {}

I need this so much...
Anybody help me!
Hugs..Robson !!