Case insensitive LIKE queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yann Ramin
Subject Case insensitive LIKE queries
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

What would be the most effective way of preforming a case-insensitive LIKE
query?  I've notived that MySQL somehow ALWAYS does it case insensitive,
which is not very smart, but I should expect this feature to exist without
reasonable pain on the programmer;s end?

Yann

Yann Ramin            atrus@atrustrivalie.eu.org
Atrus Trivalie Productions    www.redshift.com/~yramin
AIM                oddatrus
Marina, CA            http://profiles.yahoo.com/theatrus

IRM Developer                   Network Toaster Developer
SNTS Developer                  KLevel Developer
Electronics Hobbyist        person who loves toys

Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

"I'm prepared for all emergencies but totally unprepared for everyday
life."