Re: overloading LIKE operator to handle integer + text - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: overloading LIKE operator to handle integer + text
Date
List pgsql-general

"LIKE" is apparently not an operator but a special SQL construct.  However,
from the error message it appears that internally LIKE is transformed to the
~~ operator (which is defined as being equivalent).  You should try
overloading the ~~ operator (and probably the NOT version equivalents - see
section 9.7.1 in the PostgreSQL 9.2 documentation)  and see if that works.

David J.